Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday, October 26th - a chilly one this morning

Currently at 5:30 am it's 2' outside but we should reach a sunny 10' later. Looks like southern Ontario sent us some of their weather. Yesterday it was apparently in the low  to mid 20's in various parts of Ontario but that wasn't the case here. It was quite chilly and with a light breeze it felt very cold. We still have to get used to it. But watch out - Hurricane Sandy is on  it's way. We may or may not feel it's impact but it's too early to tell at this time.

Not much going on around here. Lloyd is hoping to finish work at noon today so he can come home early and do some work outside on the trusses. It should be a good day for that, weather wise.  He was talking with Bernie last night and they are hopeful to have them up by the end of the weekend but we'll see how that goes. I have to work tomorrow and there's a wedding at the Rec Centre tomorrow night so I'll be of absolutely no help whatsoever. But that's the way it goes sometimes.

Caitlin made it safely to Edmonton and is now on the hunt for a place to live. It's helpful that she already has some connections there upon her arrival.  Now Brenda and I can settle back into our previous routines. We got off to a good start last night with some wine and spring rolls and a chance to catch up a little.

So I made the Butter Chicken and Curry Vegetables for Lloyd for supper on Wednesday after work. His response was "You can make this for me any time you want - breakfast, lunch or supper!" so I guess it was a hit. Fortunately there's a little left so he has it for lunch today or tomorrow. I have to admit I enjoyed it but I wouldn't want to eat it all that often.

I'll be waiting to hear this morning about James' first school dance. It was last night and when he was asked if he was going to ask anyone to dance, his immediate response was 'no' but when he was asked what he would do if anyone asked him to dance he pondered 'I hadn't thought of that'.  I have no idea what school dances are like today but I still have memories of my early high school years when the boys all sat along one wall and the girls along another and never the two shall meet!  I can't imagine it's changed all that much, at least for this age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment