Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday, October 4th - who knew???

It's a very pleasant and starry 10' at 5:00 this morning. I took the dog out (on his leash this time) and it was quite lovely outside. Not yet a hint of what will be in a few weeks I'm sure. We should reach a little bit cooler 15' later today with a mix of sun and cloud. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous - warm and sunny all afternoon.

Not much to write about this morning. Lloyd didn't get home from work last night until almost 8:00. I called his cell at 7:45 to inquire as to his whereabouts to make sure he wasn't

a) lost and aimlessly driving around trying to find his way home or
b) lying in a ditch somwhere.

Fortunately he did answer his phone  and advised he was about 20 minutes away. It seems they left his bosses house (in Cornwall somewhere) in the morning and headed out to Malpeque to work on a job there. It's a fair distance away and they worked till later than usual so that made for a much longer day. It didn't help that he'd left his phone in his car and driven with the others to the job site.
But he did eventually make it home so it was a late supper. Good thing it was an easy one. He's been hankering for pizza for a while and I'd made a homemade one a couple of weeks ago but he just wanted a take out pizza. Good thing I didn't pick one up on the way home. Instead I picked up a cook your own deluxe one at the grocery store.
The other night Brenda was telling me she made "Crisper Soup" with items from the crisper of the fridge. We had "Refrigerator Pizza". I decided I needed to sort out the fridge because it's always got too much stuff in it. In my search for space, I found a few items I could add to our 'deluxe' pizza. I added two kinds of cheese - an Italian blend, some boconcini (aka fresh mozzarella), - some roast chicken that I diced, and a container of pitted, chopped black olives. I spread all of these on the prepared pizza and they added so much more flavour. Of course, I'd never be able to duplicate it again!

So this morning, I was checking my email and I received an update from Chef Michael Smith's camp, regarding an event he's attending in Toronto this month. Who knew that they hold conferences for - apparently - people like me! It's called Blissdom Blogger Event and it's for people who blog, or do other social media ' stuff' .  Check it out - who knew people like me have initiated a whole new industry!

http://blissdomcanada.com/events/


I would consider going if I stilled lived in Toronto. I might actually learn something. I suppose most people who blog are doing it for the purpose of sharing information with the masses. I, on the other hand, don't really have anything very interesting to say to most of the masses so I don't particularly need to attract hordes of people to my little ramblings.  I'm fortunate that a few friends and family care enough to check in from time to time to find out what's going on and if they do, I've served my purpose here.  ( On bad days, it also gives me a reason to drag my sorry butt out of bed!!!) Fortunately there are not too many of those days. But sometimes it is good to have a purpose first thing in the morning - it does get the brain going and then usually the rest of the body will follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment