Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday, October 5th - is it time to change the format a little bit?

It's late this morning - almost 10:00 and we're sitting at 13' with some pretty heavy cloud cover but they should clear a bit and help the sun move us up to a comfortable 16'. Tomorrow is supposed to be a warm 19' and no rain so it should be a good day to work on trusses for our roof.

Today I'm not really feeling very well - in fact I haven't been feeling very well since last yesterday afternoon. But I'm trying to ignore the nausea and light headedness in hopes it will just go away. If it wasn't the Friday before a long weekend, of which I've already requested Saturday off, I might have taken my first sick day in a year and a half but I don't really think I would believe it if I were them. So I'm sitting at my desk huddled under a sweater and hoping that a) the phone doesn't ring very much today and b) that not many people come in the door that need assistance! But that's what I'm paid to do and so that's what I'll do and hopefully time will be on my side and I'll feel better later on.

In light of that, I didn't do my blog first thing this morning. I did, however, notice how many people visited before 9:00 Ontario time (10:00  here).  Since Lloyd moved here, there's not as much going on. Not that he's boring or anything, but our life has seemed to settle into a basic routine. That's not a bad thing but it makes for pretty boring posts. Brenda has been busy with travelling and company for a while as well, so we just haven't gotten out as often as we used to. I'm sure now that fall is, here that will change slightly.

So I've taken a chapter from fellow blogger Cory Gallant aka "Zesty Cook" (check out his site http://zestycook.com/ ) Cory posts blog entries 3 times a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I think I will do that from now on in hopes that I have something interesting to contribute three times a week instead of  not much five times. So for those who stop by on a daily basis, you now have two days off. What ever will you do with that spare time? I know a couple of people who will have to find something else to do while they have their  morning coffee but maybe they can start following another, more interesting blog - heaven knows there are lots of them out there.

Assuming that I'm feeling better later, I'm meeting the Van Gaal women for a bite to eat  after work. Meghan has a wedding in town this weekend and will be leaving for Toronto on Monday. Rumour has it that Caitlin has a job offer and may also soon be heading off soon  for parts unknown. Then I suppose things may return to their previous activity level.  In fact we've just booked tickets to see a favorite performer - Jesse Cook - in Halifax in November. Brenda and I have talked about heading over to Halifax sometime for a weekend and staying over somewhere,  for the past three years, and it looks like we'll finally have that chance. 

I need to be feeling really well for tomorrow as I've taken the day off work to help Lloyd with trusses. He says just having someone to hold onto the end of a board wil be helpful. So hopefully I will be of some assistance. The cold weather will soon be here and it would be really nice to be able to utilize that storage space.

So I'm off now. I picked up my usual muffin on the way to work this morning and for the first time all day, it's now appealing to me so my tummy must be feeling better. Have a great weekend and Happy Turkey Day!

.

1 comment: