Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday, October 2nd - a lovely fall day ahead

It was raining last night but this morning is clear and dry and 12', heading for a high of 18' that's going to feel like 21'. Yesterday morning on my way to work, I noticed there are little pockets of colour starting to show up in the trees here and there. Nothing too serious yet as it is a bit early but it's coming!

By the time I got home from work, the house and dog were sweet smelling once again! I had locked him in the back porch when I let him in at midnight so everything in there reeked of skunk. When I left for work I went out the front door so I didn't have to go near the smelly little beast or the area. But by 5:30 it was fine. Needless to say, from now on he only goes outside on a leash when it's dark out. So a big thanks to Lloyd for having to deal with that - but I guess it was his turn as I coped with it the last two times (wouldn't you think the silly dog might learn??)

I picked up the items I needed for our class tonight when I was out at lunch yesterday so I spent last night getting everything ready. I still have a couple of things to pick up today but for the most part I think we're in good shape. This week's theme is "What on earth is that and what the heck do  I do with it?"  There are still lots of things out there that I could have purchased and some of them I don't actually know either so what I've picked up is slightly more main stream but we can always do another class like this later on if we run out of ideas.

Dragon Fruit - one of the items we'll be trying tonight


Last night we sat at the table and discussed the structure of the new building. It's going to be way more than a garage. The upstairs will be all finished with dry wall and painted and will be my space. Because it is slightly higher than the house, and where it's situated, the view from the upstairs will be wonderful as you can see right down to the river between the Linden trees in the lane and the apple tree in the yard. We're thinking maybe a patio door at the front of the upstairs with maybe a small balcony outside so we can put a couple of chairs out there and sit and watch the sunrise. I'll have lots of space so I'm thinking I'll put the couch we have now (as it will be replaced at some point) out there facing the window so when I just want to sit and read a book or a scrapbooking magazine for ideas or just take a break and enjoy a coffee, it will be a lovely seating area for me and whom ever is there to play with me that day. Of course, now that I can actually envision it, a lot of ideas are running through my mind. It's going to be an awesome work space for me and my 'stuff', of which I seem to have a lot of!   I know it's a little ways down the road but I can at least see it from here - both literally and figuratively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment