Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday, October 8th - Happy Thanksgiving Day!

It's a rainy 11' this morning but should clear a bit later in the day but stay around 12' for the high. We could see our first frost tonight. The other two days of the weekend were beautiful weather. Saturday was 20' and sunny while Sunday was a little cooler, but not too cool for the guys to go for a lengthy bike ride.

Unfortunately I wasn't feeling really great Saturday and Sunday so my lovely long weekend was a little spoiled. I had a lot of things planned  but unfortunately none of it got done. Needless to say, everything I didn't get to, will wait, so no worries!

Today I'm feeling much better so I'm hoping it will be a little more productive. Lloyd was supposed to work today but it was cancelled due to weather so he's hoping to finish cutting his boards for trusses, most of what he got done on Saturday. If those get finished today then he can start putting them all together.

We had a large roast chicken last weekend so no turkey for us this weekend.  We ate left over chicken all week so we really didn't want to be eating left over turkey all this week.  If we were going to have turkey I would have planned to cook it yesterday as Lloyd was supposed to work today but I can't imagine cooking a turkey yesterday. It wouldn't have been a fun experience.

Needless to say, it's been a pretty uneventful weekend - just lots of sleep for me and work and biking for Lloyd. I'm really lucky that Brenda came over for tea yesterday morning and helped me sort out what we're doing for our cooking class on Tuesday. I just couldn't get focused on it and had no idea what to do but, thanks to her assistance, it's all planned.

As I write this, someone at the Van Gaal household is driving Meghan(1) to the airport to catch her early flight back to Toronto. I'm sure they had a lovely meal last night with the whole family home at the same time. It's been a while since they've enjoyed that and it might be a while before it happens again so that was really nice for all of them. Our family was a little more spread out. I got a text message from Patti yesterday. She was in Vancouver, James and his dad were home in Guelph and Meghan(2) and Tristen were at Greg's parents for the weekend enjoying turkey.  Guess the rest of us will have to wait for turkey here on PEI at Christmas.

Finally, one thing we really enjoy here on the island is having the neighbours over for a meal. We have one neighbour who frequently drops by for a bite to eat whenever they get hungry. But not to worry, they just come, have something to eat and then go back home.  They seem to really enjoy the choices of food here.

The view from my bathroom window

They still can't find how our visitor is getting out or back in but several times a week we have company. I guess the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence!
See you Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment