Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday, January 10th - can we really be almost half way through January already??

The really cold weather has subsided somewhat or maybe we're just getting used to it. This morning is once again -16' with a wind chill of -24', although it doesn't seem particularly windy here at 5:15.  It's going to warm up to -5' later but the weekend is really weird. They're predicting 2' on Saturday and 7' and rain on Sunday. That will really mess with our ski trails. Let's hope they're wrong on that one.

Patti was due to fly to Corner Brook Nfld. on Wednesday evening but because of the weather there, it was cancelled. Instead she was sent to Vancouver. Pretty much all the major airports are suffering badly with flight delays caused be the weather. It must just be a nightmare for passengers and staff alike.  She sent me these photos of the baggage area at the Vancouver airport to give us an idea of just what they are faced with:



 I'm sure Toronto is even worse. I'm certainly glad all my family is where they are meant to be and none of us are trying to get anywhere.  Last night's news indicated that things are finally moving again but it will take a while to get back to normal, I'm sure.

 Now  that things have settled back into somewhat of a routine, I'm able to utilize my new craft space. I spent some time out there on Wednesday evening. I sorted out a few things, swept the floor (some glitter left from the holiday visitors) and made a wish list of things I'd like to accomplish over the next few months.  Then I actually started on my next scrapbook. I have all the photos from our trip to Tucson in 2010 and decided it was time to do something with them. By the time I got myself a bit organized, I only completed one page but it's a start. It's going to take a while to see what works and what doesn't out there. You can't really tell these things until you are actually working with it. What looks good on paper may need to be tweaked a bit in real life, but so far, so good.

I'm planning to spend some time out there this evening  and from the looks of the weather forecast, I suspect Sunday may just be a crafting day as well.  We'll just have to see how it all plays out.


No comments:

Post a Comment