Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday, January 15th - you know it's January when the most exciting thing to write about it the weather!

Okay, what's wrong with this picture? It's the middle of January (literally), it's 5:00 in the morning and the temperature outside is 6'.  It was 7' when I was coming home last night. It was raining most of the way but by the time I got home it was stopped. The down side is my back yard and pathway to the craft room are a sea of mud!  But interestingly enough, this isn't a record. Back in 1978 on this date the high was 9' so I guess it's not so unusual.  This January thaw is really sticking around for awhile. 2' seems to be the constant temperature for the next few days and nights, although there is a chance of some flurries tomorrow.

Monday night was spent out in the craft room. Now that I've gotten back into the swing of things, it's getting easier to come up with ideas for pages. I've not done any scrapbooking for quite a long time and it takes a while to get back into a groove again. It's ever so nice to just leave everything where you were, and come back to it the next night.

Tuesday was to be our dance class but we both opted out. My back is still quite bothersome from time to time and Brenda called to advise she has a sore throat. I really hope it doesn't develop into a full blown cold as she's already suffered through one of those this winter. I'll call her later and see how she's feeling today.  No doubt a bug picked up from one of the kids on her bus.

Other than that, it's pretty quiet out here on the hill.  I called the satellite folks last night and gave them my 30 days notice to cancel my service. I was annoyed when I received my bill yesterday. I pulled out the bills for the past year and noted that the monthly price has increased 5 times over the past 12 months. Granted they are small increases each time but not it's roughly $84.00 per year more than it was one year ago but with no added benefits. I tried watching a couple of programs online last night and had no problems what so ever. It appears that our internet signal may be a little better than it used to be. With  netflix and online capability I don't see any reason why we need to continue with the satellite. Of course I have the option of signing up again without any fees for the next six months should I change my mind. We'll see how it goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment