Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday, January 22nd - Happy Birthday Lloyd!

It might be a snow day for him this evening, but we'll see. But in the meantime, Happy Birthday to Lloyd. He worked yesterday afternoon instead of his usual overnight shift so I might get to wish him Happy Birthday in person this morning.

We're eagerly awaiting the big blizzard that's been all the talk for the past few days. At 5:30 am it's -13 with not a speck of snow or a breath of wind but they're claiming we may get up to 30 cms of snow with up to 80 km winds this afternoon and this evening. The drive to work will be uneventful but I bet the drive home could be a bit challenging. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Not a lot going on. Bernie is still in hospital, and awaiting further tests. I stopped in for a visit last night after work but he lights in his room were turned way down and he was sleeping so I really didn't want to disturb him.  I'll stop by another time.

As I had time to kill, and Lloyd was at work, I dropped by to visit with him and have a cup of tea. After filling up with gas on the way to dance class, I arrived to learn that our regular teacher was away and we had a substitute. Unfortunately it was something that was arranged last minute so she didn't know our steps and didn't have any music. So I suggested that we just skip it as Brenda wasn't there anyway, and we'll start again next week. I was glad that Brenda hadn't made the trip into town. If she had I suppose we would have managed but as it turned out, it was okay.  So I had a little earlier evening than I expected but that was okay too.

The only thing new around our house right now is the fact that my orchid is blooming for the second time since I've owned it. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm really not very good with plants. I was given this beautiful orchid a couple of years ago and it's still alive - that in itself is somewhat of a miracle. But it bloomed last year and now it's blooming again. Apparently these fragile looking flowers are much hardier than I ever anticipated!


2 comments:

  1. Sandy, I have an Orchid that is about to bloom for the second time as well! I have 9 buds...and hopefully they will bloom..I am excited to see...we are currently in the throes of getting another dump of snow, but at least the temperature has risen to a virtual tropical -1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot...happy belated birthday Lloyd!

    ReplyDelete