Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday, February 7th - it's been a crafty couple of days

It's  a seasonal -13 this morning and we should reach a sunny high of -6 this afternoon with no snow forecast for the weekend. Last night was an absolutely gorgeous evening. There was absolutely no wind and the sky was clear. The stars were so bright - it was a wonderful night.

I've spent the past two evenings out in my craft room. I've really gotten away from watching TV and spending my evenings out there is a great relaxing way to finish off the day. I've pretty much finished the scrapbook of our trip to Arizona in 2010.  Just some journaling and a bit of embellishing to do and I can move on to the next one. I might put something on my loom first, take a bit of a break from the books. Of course, there are also a couple of sewing projects I'd like to start as well - so many things to do and now, the time and place to do them. The problem is deciding what to do first!


We had a snow storm on Wednesday night but it wasn't really much of a storm. We did get some snow but nothing really serious.  We had so much before Christmas and we really haven't gotten that much back again. Ontario, on the other hand, is crazy! Patti sent me a photo yesterday of the snowbanks in front of their house - they haven't seen snow like that in a very long time.  I'm sure the kids are having a great time with it but I know Patti is pretty much fed up with this winter. Can't say I blame her.  I remember the year my friends Fran, Pat and Katy were here and we had snowstorm after snowstorm the entire month of January. We had huge snowbanks and it just kept coming down. I'll bet they're thinking they're back in PEI this winter!



A good weekend coming up. Our friends who cancelled last weekend are coming for supper on Sunday. On Saturday I have a project to finish that requires a bit of heavy lifting,  due to a furniture (of sorts) purchase that I made recently. Stay tuned on Monday for photos and you'll see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment