Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday, February 5th - another storm on the way?

It's a calm and clear -10' this morning but apparently we could be in for up to 10' cm of snow later today and a high of -6;. I don't mind if it's a cloudy day. In fact I really enjoy cloudy mornings. The sun streaming in the windows at work during the winter months is slightly problematic. It's always nice to see but it makes working a little bit of a challenge, as it's right in my face for a few hours. If I could just sit back on my chair, close my eyes and imagine I was in some tropical location, it would be great!

Another good dance class last night. We've started working on a new routine. The first one still needs work but I suppose we do need to break it up a bit. Now that we're learning more new steps it's becoming quite a work out. Not a bad thing. Of course whatever good we did is probably cancelled out by the potato nachos and beer at the Gahan after.

A couple of years ago, for those who read this drivel on a regular basis, will recall that Brenda's church hosted a fund raiser. We offered up a catered dinner for 4 people and a local couple, Tracey and Robert, purchased it. A while later they and another couple arrived at my house for dinner. It was an interesting evening and I think they all enjoyed themselves.

Recently Robert was seriously injured in an accident. He works for a local tire company and is often into the dealership talking to our parts department. He was changing a tire on a large piece of equipment on the side of the road when it exploded. He suffered two broken legs, a broken arm, a broken wrist (on the other arm, I'm told) as well as fractured ribs. He's very, very lucky to be alive. He's in hospital and has had some surgeries but from what I understand, they can't put on casts until the flesh wounds heal. I can't begin to imagine how much pain he must be in. It just goes to show how much your life can change in a fraction of a second.

I was pleased to see a large sign outside the tire shop last night on my way downtown, advertising a benefit dance for him on February 15th at the Legion in Charlottetown.  I've been to one of these before and it's really a lot of fun. Besides the donations that people make at the door, they will have a silent auction as well as a cake auction. I will definitely be making a couple of special cakes for that one. This one's in town, not just Fort Augustus! SO they better be pretty special.  The last time was pretty fun because Lloyd was here at the time, so with him and Bernie and our friend Richard, there turned out to be somewhat of a bidding war. All good for the recipients!  Let's see if we can make something worthy of another bidding war!

No comments:

Post a Comment