Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday, February 26th - back to really cold!

It was a lovely mild weekend and start to the week but yesterday and today we're back into the very cold temperatures. It's -16 this morning with a wind chill of -22 and even with the sun later, we will only reach a chilly -9 that will feel more like -15. But, we know spring will be here before we know it. It's hard to believe we're already into the last week of February.

The nice weather on the weekend prompted one of my coworkers to BBQ some steaks outside on his back deck. After he told me this, that's all I could think about. So I called Lloyd and suggested we could maybe BBQ on Monday evening. He advised that he could pick up some steaks as he  had to go to town for something totally unrelated. That works. So, he set up in the garage and cooked the steaks while I tended to fixing the baked potatoes and steamed green beans. Oh my gosh - it was SOOOO good! I just love BBQ'd foods and this was the first of 2014. Everything was done to perfection and we sat and savored every bite!

And speaking of food, last night after dance class, we tried out the fare at Hunter's. We're slowly running out of places to try but there are still a few on the list that we haven't yet sampled.  We had the mexican nachos with feta cheese on top - sounds really strange but the staff apparently have voted these their favorite. They were quite good but they were HUGE! We managed to just about finish them but oh my gosh, I was way too full when I headed home. TOO much food and I ate way too much of it. I really need to get back onto the diet regime Lloyd and I were both on in the fall.  When you fall off the wagon, it's a really hard thing to climb back on it.

Thursday, after work, I'm having dinner with some girls who used to be in our admin group. (yes, even more food!) As it turns out, Brenda needs a ride home on Thursday afternoon,  so she'll  just have to join us for dinner! Amazing how sometimes things just seem to work out better than originally expected!  We've had to reschedule our plans a few times now, but hopefully it will work out this week. I haven't seen most of these girls for a couple of years so it will be nice to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment