Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday, May 16th - now this is more like it!

It's a pleasant 10' this morning at 5:15 am and we should reach a warm and sunny 22' later - absolutely perfect!  The whole long weekend should be nice although it will be cooler on Monday. I suspect there will be a lot of yard work going on this weekend across the island. We may even need to cut the grass for the first time. Lots of projects, just have to prioritize them and see what we get done.












Yesterday I received some photos from Patti of Lloyd finally getting to fly his plane. It's been a long haul to get to this day, but it finally happened when he was there a week ago.












  Not to be outdone by his grandfather, James also took the opportunity to do some flying while at the airport - with his remote control plane









Not so much fun in store for Lloyd this weekend. Aside from the large pile of branches in the back yard, we now have an even bigger pile in the side yard, where two more trees have been cut down.  That's going to be a pretty big pile of wood chips when he's through, not to mention a bit of fire wood for the winter as well.
 The good news I have three days off to help with it all and I'm really looking forward to spending some time outside in the nice weather. .







The best news for me is the arrival of my new refrigerator. The one that came with the house is quite small so we I made the decision to buy a new one. I've been looking for a while and finally found the one I wanted on sale at a good price. It had to be ordered in and has finally arrived. Needless to say that's how I spent my evening last night - cleaning out the old one and moving everything into the new one. It's a huge improvement over the smaller old one and for the time being, it also gives me more storage space as the old one is in the back porch. It will be very handy when we make salads for the conference event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment