Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday, May 21st - Happy Birthday Baby Chicks!

Today's weather: currently 7' at 5:30 am, expecting a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 18' this afternoon, with maybe a chance of a shower thrown in.
Someone asked me once about my obsession with the weather in my blog. It's not an obsession, but rather a means of documenting so that I have a reference next year as to how things were in the previous year. It's interesting the number of times we've been having a conversation about something that happened in the past but no one remembers for sure exactly when or where it was and the answer is always the same - check the blog! So I suppose it does serve a bit of a purpose.

Having a wee drink of water
The big news out here on top of the hill is finally the successful  hatching of some chicks. Lloyd called me
yesterday morning to advise that when he got home he saw that one of the eggs had a tiny hole in it and something was trying to get out. Later in the afternoon he called again after his morning nap to advise that one was fully hatched and another was on it's way. I got home from town around 9:00 and there were two fully hatched chicks and at least one, maybe two eggs with holes in the sides. Oh my gosh, they are so cute - just tiny little balls of yellow fluff. Now this morning there is a third addition - a little dark gray mini Oscar. Not sure how many more will hatch but another day should tell the tale. Of course we have no way of knowing how many of the eggs were actually fertile so we'll have to wait and see. I'm so glad that he finally has some degree of success after the work he's put into this project so far.

Brenda and I finished our last dance class together last evening. I have one more class left and then we are both done for the year. She's going to take my guests out somewhere while I have class and then I will meet up with them later. Of course this also means the last of our Tuesday evenings out for a beer and some snacks. We're going to have to devise a plan for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment