Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday, May 5th - it's a cool and damp one this morning

After a lovely weekend, we're back into rain and cool temperatures again - maybe even a few flurries, if the radio is correct. It's a chilly 4' right now, feeling more like 2, and that's pretty much where it will stay all day. It's not raining here right now, but it has been and will likely start again. No worries, there are still bits of snow around so we need that rain to clear that away, once and for all.

Lloyd left on Saturday around lunch time for Toronto. He was meant to be on the early 5:30 am flight but for some unknown reason, it was cancelled and they moved him to the 11:45 am flight. Made my day not having to get up in the middle of the night, only to come home for a couple of hours and then go back again for 9:00. Thank you Air Canada! It all just worked out so perfectly. I picked Brenda up on my way to town and we went for coffee and a bagel. She dropped me off at work then went and did her shopping and went home. Lloyd came into the dealership mid morning and I left for a few minutes and drove him to the airport, taking his truck with me. Then the best part is that Meghan (1) has a car in Toronto that she very rarely uses. She wants to sell it but that's not an easy thing to do when you're by yourself and lead a very busy life. Solution: Meghan picked him up at the airport, he dropped her off and is using her car for the week and will attempt to find a buyer before the end of the week. She has no idea how marvelous that is for Lloyd - to have transportation and not have to be bothering others for rides everywhere he needs to go. If he can sell it, it's a win/win for both of them, so thanks so much Meghan!

Sunday morning dawned cool and damp after beautiful warm sun on Saturday. Good thing because I had lots to do inside. Somewhere along the way I volunteered to make some sort of scarf for the committee members to wear to identify them at the conference. We only need 25 so sure, I can do that.  I purchased the materials needed and designated yesterday as the day to work on those. There was cutting and sewing and pressing and a little bit of hand sewing involved. I was up early and finished off a couple of other little jobs that needed tending to, but now they are things I can cross off my list. Then I started cutting. Fortunately for me I have a great space to use for that and it went very smoothly. I was about half done sewing them together when Brenda arrived to help out. And what a great help it was. By the end of the afternoon they are all sewn, turned, pressed and half have the little bit of hand stitching done. The rest will work nicely tonight in front of the TV or listening to music in the craft room or perhaps watching something on Netflix out there. That's a pretty major task off my list, so thanks  to Brenda for coming to my aid yet again. It was actually a pleasant way to pass the afternoon - sunshine coming in the windows and a glass of wine to keep our spirits up. It's all good!

To show how much I truly appreciate all her help with this project, I thought it only appropriate that we go to Peakes for a burger. In retrospect, we really should have split one - it's a lot of food when you add the fresh cut fries. We'll know better next time.  Then it was off the the Fort Augustus Rec Centre for a fundraising concert in aid of the local bowlers who are off to a tournament in Calgary. It's unfortunate that it wasn't better attended because the entertainment was very good. A really pleasant way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment