Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday, February 13th - Happy Friday the 13th!

Conditions at5:15 am: -11' that feels more like -16'
Expected later: flurries but the temperature is going to stay pretty much where it is, and get colder as the day goes on. Tonight will be -20' with a wind chill of -30'    BRRRRRRRR!

I will always think of Peter Marrucci on Friday the 13th. It's an old joke about our band of geniuses wannabes who were involved in weekly trivia at the local pub. One night the question was "What is Triskaidekaphobia?"   My immediate response was "the fear of crackers" and he never forgot that. I was reminded of it every time we had a Friday the 13th, although it really means a fear of the number 13, not the date) When I'm a hundred years old, I'll still think of Peter on Friday the 13th (although I've since found out that fear of the actual day is called another name that's even longer and really, who cares?)

Well, all week long they were giving us dire warnings about a big storm scheduled for Friday that might bring from 10 to 15 cms of snow. Now yesterday they're telling us it will just be a couple of cms and nothing to worry about. The funny thing is so far no one's mentioned the prediction on the weather network for Sunday that claims we could get 35 to 45 cms of snow. You might think that would be worthy of mention??? That's one heck of a lot of snow! Maybe it's a typo or they just figure we won't care because Monday's a holiday!  

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. Brenda, Bernie, Raymond and Marlene are coming over for supper. I suppose if worse comes to worse, Bernie could lead the way in his big tractor and snow blower and the others could follow along right behind in his path...could work!

I'm hoping it's not going to be much at this point, but we'll have to wait and see. We may have to come up with an alternate date for our dinner.

I heard an ad on the radio this morning about a fund raiser for the local humane society. Apparently it's
country wide and called "National Cupcake Day" on February 23rd. I've tentatively signed up in hopes that I can bring cupcakes into work and sell them to staff and customers and try to raise a bit of money for the local shelter.  I've emailed the boss and asked for permission but am still waiting to hear back. In all honesty it's just an opportunity for me to play around with some fun decorating ideas. I'll keep you posted and IF I get permission and IF you're in town a week from Monday, drop by. This is a photo of some I did for a benefit a while back. I need to come up with some new ideas as well..




No comments:

Post a Comment