Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday, February 20th - things are slowly returning to normal

Conditions at 5:10 am: clear skies, a bit windy and -6 but feeling more like -15' and new snow on the ground - just what we needed
Expected later: a mix of sun and cloud and temperatures pretty much remaining where they are for the day

Just what we needed - more snow
The snow had stopped for a while as crews struggle with removing the 85 cms of snow that apparently fell
last weekend. Streets are only one lane each way, for the most part, causing  traffic delays of epic proportions (okay, only if you're sitting in it) but things are slowly getting better. Out in the country we have the luxury of simply blowing the snow off to the side or pushing it into a pile at the back of the yard or in the ditch. In town is a totally different story. There's just no where to put all this stuff.

There's no school again, today, as there hasn't been all week. There's just no way for buses to get around safely as I saw  yesterday morning when I was driving up University Avenue. The banks are very high on either side of the street and the sidewalks have 3 feet of snow on them. Anyone unfortunate enough to have to walk from point A to point B has to walk on the very narrow road - a very dangerous situation indeed.

I've spent the last couple of nights working on things for my cupcake sale coming up on Monday. I've made little round stickers with various cats and dogs on them that are attached to slightly larger scalloped circles. Last night I worked on gluing tooth picks to the back of each one so that I can insert these colourful little picks into the top of some of the iced cupcakes on Sunday.Those scrapbooking supplies can really come in handy for other tasks at times. Some will have fondant faces that I made last weekend. Check back for photos of the finished products on Monday! All I have to do now is figure out how to transport 156 iced cupcakes safely.

We have a dinner on Saturday so I've been working very hard on the menu and shopping list for that one and then the essentials for icing and decorating on Sunday. I have Saturday off work and don't wish to make the trek into town if I don't need to. So, I have to be really organized before I leave town tonight to make sure I have everything I need.

I made a couple of stops last night on my way home and just one more today and I think I've got it covered! 


No comments:

Post a Comment