Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wednesday, February 11th - still very cold and more snow on the way

Conditions at 5:10 am: clear and a chilly -16' feeling more like -25'
Expected later: some sun but still only moving up the scale to -14'

It's mighty cold but at least it's too cold to snow. That could change on Friday when we may get dumped on again but we'll have to wait and see.



Not a lot going on. Muscles are a little stiff this morning after working out on the treadmill at the gym on Monday evening and then class last night. There was a first step aerobics class last night that they are going to try out for the next few weeks. It was a pretty intense work out and we were both pretty tired when we left. But it felt good as well. This morning a few muscles are complaining ever so slightly but I'm sure once I get moving around a bit more they'll be fine. They just want to let me know they're there and don't I know it! No pain, no gain, right?





One of our friends is retiring in a little under two weeks now, and her and her husband and Brenda and Bernie are coming over for dinner on Sunday. That will work as it's a holiday on Monday (Islander Day here, family day in other parts of the country).  Because I'll be spending Sunday preparing the meal and tidying up,  I'm hopeful that Monday will be a nice day and perhaps we can get out on our skis. It is a holiday after all.  I purchased a crown roast of pork at Christmas and put it in the freezer. It's too much for just the two of us so I've been waiting for an opportunity to try it as I've never cooked one before. I have really good instructions to follow so today I will work on determining  the sides to serve with it, and I also need to design a special cake for the occasion. I even have a lovely bottle of champagne that Patti picked up for us on one of her trips to Paris. This seems like it might just be the perfect opportunity to break into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment