Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday, February 25th - National Cupcake Day was a success - I surpassed my fundraising goal

Conditions at 5:30 am: Still quite cold with -15' and a wind chill of -22', but that's a slight improvement over the past two days when it was -24' with a windchill of -35'.
Expected later: a high of 0' but 5 to 10 cms of snow falling and blowing around before the day is through. A few weeks ago that would have seemed like a bit of a snowfall, but after 85 cms, it's just a light dusting!

Well, Monday was a successful day indeed, partly due to the generosity of my employers. They made a donation that was a great help in achieving my fundraising goal.

It was the first time I've participated in this activity and I've learned a lot from it.  There are some things I will do a little differently if I do it again next year.  We'll see when the time comes.

I left home early so I was at work about 40 minutes before my usual start time. This gave me just enough time to unload the car and set everything up for our cupcake sale before my work day started. Our display wasn't huge but I had trays of extras in the copier room, so as they were purchased, I was able to replenish the table.  The morning was busiest with lunch also seeing quite a few sales. The afternoon was a bit quieter but still resulted in some last minutes sugar cravings for a few people. Some promotion from the radio station was also a big help, as a couple of ladies dropped in after hearing it on the air. People were  very generous, both with their donations as well as their kind comments.


It was a fair bit of work but was fun and I had the chance to play around with some decorating ideas.  I emailed a  photo of our display to the National Cupcake Day people and it's posted along with all the others on their facebook page. I'm pretty pleased that my cupcakes were just as nice as the others and I felt pretty proud of my efforts. It was also a great way to break up a dreary month.

I still have a couple of donations to factor in but so far I've raised $301.70 - my goal was $200.00 so I'm very happy with my efforts and the support of friends, colleagues and customers.

Tuesday was a much quieter day. A couple of people came by me desk in hopes there were leftovers floating around but, alas, that was not the case.




No comments:

Post a Comment