Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday, February 16th - okay, enough already!

Conditions at 8:00 am: the same as the past 24 hours - blizzard conditions with very strong winds blowing snow around. The temperatures -14' and that's where it will stay all day.

When we got up this morning, after listening to the wind howl all night long, we couldn't see as far as the garage or the road due to the blowing snow. It's supposed to keep up till at least tonight. The bridge has been closed to ALL traffic since 4:30 yesterday, and remains that way until further notice. Plows are not out on the road at this time.

I doubt that Lloyd will be making it into work tonight. It's going to take quite a while to dig out from this one.

Obviously, other than the weather, not a lot is going on. We went to Peakes for wings and beer on Friday evening with Brenda and Bernie.  Saturday morning I worked but we decided to cancel our dinner on Sunday with the VanGaals and the Hugh's. That was a good call. No way anyone could get anywhere yesterday. I had thought about putting it over to today but obviously that wouldn't have worked.

I have permission from my boss to host the cupcake sale at work next Monday, the 23rd. I was snowed in yesterday but it gave me lots of time to bake. I now have 13 dozen cupcakes packaged up and in the freezer.  The plan is to take them all out next Sunday and spend the day icing and decorating them. I have various ideas of what I'd like to do with them but some of those ideas involve using materials and equipment that's out in the craft room. I may bundle myself up today and go out there and try to dig my way in. 






We have about a foot of snow built up against the back door. Cooper took one look outside then turned around and went back into the house. No way he was going out there. But it's not as bad as this photo on the weather network of a house in Stratford!




We may not have so much against the door but I just took this photo out the front window, looking towards the road... we know it's out there somewhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment