Friday, February 18, 2011

I guess later never got here



Conditions at 5:30 am: -6' and bright clear skies
Expected later:2' and  mixed precipitation

Yesterday morning, I was finishing up a few things and didn't get to the blog. Well, Thursday is usually the quietest day of the week, but yesterday was incredibly busy and I spent very little time at  my desk  so I never did get back to it. The up side is the day went by really quickly.

I woke  up in the morning and I was really excited that the ladies were finally arriving, so being really busy made the day fly by. I left work right at 5:30, stopped off at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things and then still had to wait at the airport for the flight to get in. What a hub of activity. There were several volunteers from the Scotties standing around waiting for curlers to arrive. They all had pieces of paper with hand written notes on them: ie Team Saskatchewan, Team Manitoba, etc. I was chatting with one of the guys and told him I was waiting for three friends and I wish I'd thought of it and I would have had a sign as well. So he suggested I go and speak to the fellow in the parking booth and ask for some paper. So I did, and he kindly obliged with a blank piece of paper and a pencil to write "Team Rockwood" on it.

Well, I'm standing there waiting for them to come in and this woman comes over and says "I want to give you a hug first, before your friends" Turns out it was my quilting teacher, Janice from Stratford. I seems the girls had run into her in the lineup at Tim Hortons in Toronto Airport. Of course, they were telling her they were going to stay with their friend Sandy Denny. What a coincidence that they would run into the one person on the plane who knew who I was. Told you this was a small place!  So they had a great time chatting with her while they waited to get on the flight.

They also ran into Jeff Hutcheson from Canada AM and of course, they sent Fran over to chat with him too.  Apparently he was quite obliging but I saw him get off the flight and had this strange 'get me out of here quick' look on his face as he entered the terminal !

We got the luggage, made the long trek out to the parking lot, and made our way home. Before we left town, I called Brenda and suggested that she come over after supper and have tea and cake with us. We were a little late getting to the food so we hadn't eaten yet when she arrived. But she had Korean food for supper and was still a little hungry so it all worked out. We had our supper, and our tea/coffee and dessert and an adult beverage or two, before Caitlin came and picked up her mom and we all headed off to bed around 11:00.

If we're not careful, this COULD turn into a party!

PS- got an email from Scott Pollard with  a poster attached (it wouldn't let me copy and paste it in here)
but the bottom line is Chef Michael will be in the Guelph area participating in a local Chef event on June 25th

Did I mention that June 25th is our anniversary??






1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great time with your friends!!

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete