Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It turned out to be a beautiful day!

Conditions at 6:35: -12' with a wind chill of -23' and clear skies
Expected later: -9' and mostly sun


Yesterday morning, once the sun came up, it was glorious. The weather itself was very cold but the sun was lovely. I dropped the kids off at school and then headed to Orangeville to Camilla Valley Farm. There I found every imaginable piece of weaving equipment needed   to get me started. I bought all the cords I needed, plus the hooks, bobbins, and a new reed. The reed is quite long (45 inches in fact) and there's no way I can take it back on the plane, so they are going to ship it for me. It should arrive sometime next week, once I'm home.

I got home in time to have a shower, and get the kids picked up and off to their destinations before heading out to my IAAP meeting.

It was a great night. Only three people knew I was coming and most were felling a little down because one of the members had passed away from cancer on Monday so it was a sombre group. The hugs and smiles I was met with at every turn helped to lift up the mood a little. I was glad to provide that little distraction. It looks like there are only going to be a maximum of four girls coming in May. That works out great because I can accomodate all of them. They had planned to stay in a hotel but with so few it's not  a problem. I reminded them it's not the Holiday Inn but they were all pleased they can stay at my house. Now we can enjoy ourselves and not have to worry about anyone drinking and driving (or having to miss out on a couple of glasses of wine because they are the designated driver).

When I got home, the sitter had MOST of them tucked in bed and sound asleep. All in all it was a great day.

Today I'm meeting Nancy for lunch. She made the trek out to the island in the summer so it will be nice to see her again. I received an email from Patti yesterday telling me that they will be in their hotel room after 8:00 pm our time last night and tonight so we'll try try calling them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment