Friday, February 4, 2011

Short and sweet this morning


Conditions at 5:00 am - clear and cold and minus 12
Expected later - minus 2' and maybe some flurries

What a difference a day can make. After our snowy drive on Wednesday, yesterday turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous day. The sun was bright and the sky was blue. By mid afternoon the roads were clear and mostly dry, at least in town. The drive home was an easy one on mainly clear roads as well.  It took the boys at work until after lunch to clear the lot. I never thought about what's involved with maintaining a car sales lot. Each time it snows, the plow has to come in and clear the lanes between the rows of cars. Then the guys all go out with big rubber scrapers and clear the snow off all the cars. Then they have to start up every car and move them out to the cleared areas so the plow can then clear the spots where the cars used to be. Then when that's done, they have to move all the cars back. We're talking a LOT of cars!  I can't imagine how much the shop guys hate snowy days. (I may have already told you all of this, but I don't have time to go back and check, so if I have, please just ignore me this morning!)

Well, my bag is packed, and all I have to do now is get in the shower, get dressed and pack up Coopers stuff. I'm picking Brenda up at 6:30 so I'd best get to it.

See you Monday morning from Guelph!

No comments:

Post a Comment