Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What the heck is freezing fog?



Conditions at 5:10 am : -1' and freezing fog
Expected later:-2' and more flurries

I must say, freezing fog is not a term I've ever heard before. We received more snow yesterday afternoon and when driving home it was blowing and drifting around. We are due for more high winds today as well. When I got home last night the lane was drifted in quite heavily so getting in was not happening, so I just parked at the end and left it there and hope it's not drifted in too badly around it. Shoveling is a bit of a challenge but we'll manage.

I looked ahead on the weather network and we're getting another 10 cm of snow on Sunday (maybe). That should really add to the wall of snow running down the sides of the lane. It's beginning to resemble a tunnel. But March will be here before we know it and it will start to get better.

Everyone had theories at work yesterday regarding how I injured my wrist. The ideas they came up with were much more colourful than the real story. I asked at work if I could bring the shuttle home at night until my wrist is better, but was told no because of the liability. But, they did offer to pay half of a rental car with an automatic transmission so that's what I'm doing. I found a rental for $23.95 per day and will be picking it up today. I'm picking Brenda up at 9:00 in town when she's done her run, and she'll take my care back to her place. It will all work out. I have no idea where I would be without the assistance of the Van Gaal's. I really am fortunate to have them as friends.

The new reed for my loom arrived yesterday. When Sheila gets back I'll get her to help me put the parts on that I bought, and then maybe I can figure out how to use it. I now have three books (one on loan from Sheila) so hopefully I can figure it out. Of course, if she helps me the first time, then the info in the books will make sense.

Well, I'd better  get ready for work so I can go out and see just how messy it is outside. (It's also a slow news day and it takes ages to type this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment