Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is this the calm before the storm?



Conditions at 4:42 am: -7' and overcast
Expected later:-4' and sunny,  maybe with a few flurries

But get ready for it..... another 10 to 15 cm of snow on Friday! Yay, just what we needed, is more snow! At least the weather is cooperating for Brenda and Bernie to fly out to Toronto this evening. It looks like it might be a bit messy on Saturday as well, but should be fine for their flight back on Sunday. A big congratulations to Meghan(1) who is getting her CA designation!  All the hard work has finally paid off.
(Don't forget to take pictures, guys)

Yesterday morning was still a bit blustery but nothing like the morning before, so once Frank came over and blew out the snow, the girls were able to be on their way. They were in town for the morning and afternoon draw yesterday and today they will be there for the afternoon and evening. So tonight it will be Cooper and I on our own.

It looks like Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be non stop curling for them. I will join them on Sunday for the evening after I pick Brenda and Bernie up at the airport as they have tickets for Sunday as well. Monday and Tuesday will be pretty boring for my guests after this weeks non stop activity.

Sunday afternoon I'm going over to Shiela's to watch how she puts a warp on her loom. I think I have all the parts I now need. Somehow I screwed up and didn't get the cables I needed for the heddles but I think I have that problem solved. I was able to purchase some cord and some clips to hold the pieces together just like the ones I already have so I just have to put those together. Apparently I asked for the wrong thing when I was in Ontario because I have two new sets of cables for the counterbalance and I didn't need those. Oh well, they weren't expensive and now I have extras should I ever need them. It would cost more in postage to return these and have the others sent. Good thing I'm creative and can figure these things out (well, most of the time).

I just received an email from Patti. They were hoping to come up for a few days at March Break but it's just too busy. It seems James has qualified for the Provincial Speedskating Championships in London the first weekend in March. Then the first weekend in April Meghan skates in a meet in Ottawa. Busy times! Good luck everybody!!

Well, not much else is new this morning so I think I will be off and have my bath, and get ready for work. These days with the ladies here to let the dog out before they leave, I can leave a bit early and have a coffee at Timothy's and read the paper before I head to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment