Friday, February 25, 2011

They can't seem to make up their minds



Conditions at 5:30: -3' and no precipitation yet
Expected later: 2' and rain or maybe snow or who knows what

All day yesterday the radio and the weather network are telling us we are in for  a major blizzard with up to 30 cm of snow. This morning the blizzard warning is still there but it's predicting more rain than snow. The weather network was calling for lots and lots of snow, while Environment Canada site says it was too early yesterday to accurately predict what is in store. The bottom line is we don't know what's coming. It makes it a little hard to know what to expect or prepare for.

Yesterday after work,  Brenda and Bernie picked me up at 5:30 and we went to the airport. They are off to Toronto to celebrate with Meghan(1) and I have their truck. I'll pick them up on Sunday at the airport in time to go and see the final draw of the curling at the Civic Centre.

The truck is a little larger than I'm used to but quite a pleasure to drive. You're sitting up so high you can see everything and the heated seats are such a treat!
The ladies spent the day in town yesterday and didn't get home till after 11:00 some time. I heard them but didn't wake up enough to check the clock. I called them at 6:00 to see if I could meet them somewhere to have something to eat but when I got home, Katy's phone was here, so that didn't happen. Instead I came home and ate here and caught up on a couple of TV shows before heading off to bed.


I received an email from Patti last night with this picture of Tristen. He's just earned his orange belt in Karate. Congratulations T!!!  He takes his karate very seriously and it's so fun to watch him.
He looks very proud of his new orange belt.

Okay, I'm cutting this short this morning. I'm having some technical troubles with computers this morning and
I need to make a call to my tech person tonight to find out how to fix a couple of problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment