Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday, November 14th - Happy Birthday Patti!

Conditions at 5:20 am: overcast and 2'
Expected later: 4' and a mix of rain and maybe some snow.

Yesterday the phone was still ringing off the hook at work, as the radio was advising us to expect upwards of 10 cm of snow today. That has since been scaled back, at least as far as the weather network is concerned. So it's anyone's guess what will appear. I doubt it will be too severe. Certainly not enough to cancel our little get together on Sunday, that's for sure.

Lloyd arrived home on Wednesday evening, a little later than scheduled as the flight was delayed, but he was here by 5:20 so not bad at all. He had to work that night and it was a pretty long one as he hadn't had much sleep. But he should be back on track today. He had a great visit with family and was very glad that he went.

Tonight I'm excited to be going to the Confed Centre to see a production of Jesus Christ Superstar, with
Brenda. She had the album growing up but has never seen it performed live. I have to say it is, by far, my favorite stage play. But that may be part nostalgia.

As I was growing up, attending any type of live theatrical production was not something our family ever did. When I was in college, I had the opportunity to go to the O'keefe Centre (now named something else) with some other students to see Jesus Christ Superstar. This would have been when it first came out, around 1973. I knew a couple of the songs but I still remember being overwhelmed as the live orchestration of the familiar tunes washed over me in the darkness. Such powerful emotions, I had never experienced.  That's when I fell in love with live theatre. I have since seen productions of the same play numerous times and enjoyed then all. So I'm really looking forward to tonight's show.

I'm working tomorrow then spending the afternoon getting ready for our guests on Sunday. Lots to look forward to this weekend.

Before I forget, a big Happy 40th  Birthday to Patti on Sunday. Hope you have a great day, wherever  you end up spending it!

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I turn 40 and I don't even get a cake picture! Haha, just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that! I was going to put a big Happy 40th sign on it but wasn't sure if you wanted to world to know you were that old!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete