Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday, November 7th - Happy Rainy Friday

Conditions at 5:30 am: a wet and rainy 8' that feels slightly more like 5'
Expected later: more rain and a high of 13'



First,  belated Anniversary wishes to our good friends Brenda and Bernie. I knew it was coming up but 
didn't check the calendar until this morning, when I realized I missed it! Sorry about that guys. Hope you did something interesting.  I should have at least called last night to give you my best wishes.

Hooray, it's Friday! I can say that because I have the weekend off. Then we work Monday and have Tuesday off. Not a bad week. Lloyd is off this morning to Newfoundland. Hopefully his flights will go as we hope they will. With any luck he'll be having lunch on the rock.  As for me, I have a long list of things I hope to accomplish while he's away. Some will be preparations for our little party we're hosting when he gets back and some will be Christmas stuff. It will be here before you know it. We also have a catering job at the beginning of December so we also have to do some planning for that as well. 

I was contacted by the wife of one of the fellows at work to see if I might do some Christmas baking for her. I might try and get some of that stuff done while he's away as well. Then I can hide it all before he gets back, so there will still be some when the holidays get here!

He has the balcony on the garage all closed in now. The wall is up and the openings are ready for the windows to be installed.  He's got them filled in with plastic at the moment until he gets back. There are two very large windows and when I went upstairs last night, to look out, they will work very nicely. It's not as open but now it's a really cozy space. The best part is now I don't have to find somewhere to store my chairs and huge cushions for the winter. They can just stay put. I have the infrared heater up there that I used to heat last year. I can put that out there to turn on if we want to sit out there and we can actually use it all year long now. Sitting up there with a hot chocolate infused with some Bailey's and watching the snow flakes gently fall sounds like another great way to pass the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment