Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday, November 3rd - no snow yet for this part of the Maritimes!

Conditions at 5:35 am: 3' but the strong winds are making it feel more like -3'
Expected later: pretty much exactly what we have right now, with no change in temperature

On viewing the weather this morning, it's looking like large parts of New Brunswick have gotten a fair bit of the white stuff, but so far, none in our forecast as yet.

What strange weather yesterday. I picked Brenda up yesterday afternoon around 2:00 and it was 7' and quite windy. When I took her home a little before 7:00, the temperature was 15' and there was only a slight breeze. Now this morning the temperature has plummeted. It was a strange night, and at one point I was awakened by a bright flash of lightening and a loud clap of thunder. No worries - we'll take a thunderstorm over snow for as long as we can for now.

It was a pretty quiet weekend.  Lloyd was working 4 to 12 on Friday so I picked up a pizza and took it over to him at work. He didn't have any clients in yet, so I joined him. It was really the first time all week we'd seen each other, save for a few minutes here and there.

I worked on Saturday morning and was planning to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store on my way home but the power had gone out in most of Charlottetown and at least as far out as our place.  Not much to do on a cold, rainy Saturday with no power, but throw another log or two in the wood stove, sit down with a cup of tea (thank goodness for the gas stove), and a good book. Lloyd had been working outside all morning so he was ready for a nap. Another great way to pass the time.  Fortunately it was only off for a couple of hours, so it really wasn't much of an inconvenience. 

Sunday morning we had some breakfast and then sat and watched a PBS documentary on the Tower of London while we had out tea. I know one young man in Ontario who will find it interesting.  Then Lloyd headed out to the garage and I accomplished a few tasks inside.

We had the annual fund raising spaghetti supper at the Rec Centre on Saturday afternoon.  I picked Brenda up at 2:00, as I mentioned before, as we have traditionally become the spaghetti and sauce cooks. She looks after the sauce and I cook the pasta. I think this is the third year so we have it pretty much figured out now. Our numbers were down this year, but the weather was pretty crumbly and I suspect that played a big part.

But those who were there seemed to enjoy and lots of compliments, especially to the sauce maker! Well done Brenda.  After dropping her off, I came home and unpacked the car of all the bits and pieces I'd taken with me. Lloyd was sitting on the couch, reading the first of the Louise Penny books that we have. So I made us a cup of tea and sat with him as I was reading the latest in the series. As of very early this morning, I've finished all of them, so maybe now I can actually get something done around here! It seems lately all I've been doing it reading, but when a good book grabs hold, you just have to persevere until it's finished. Everything else can wait - and it usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment