Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday, November 19th - November is passing by much too quickly!

Conditions at 5:30 am: -4' that feel more like -12'
Expected later: 0' that will feel more like -7' with the 40 km hour winds that will gust up to 68 km

Quite a change from yesterday morning. I went outside to put something in the garbage bin and it was absolutely balmy. The temperature outside at 5:15 am was 14'.  Course it gradually dropped all day to about 4' by the end of the work day. We had bit of rain throughout the day so needless to say, all our snow is gone.  Strange weather indeed. But we should be grateful we don't live in Buffalo, New York where they saw upwards of 100 cms of snow. That lake affect gets them every time. And just in case you've forgotten from last year, what exactly does 100 cms of snow look like? This photo was taken in Buffalo yesterday. Good thing the ladies in Ontario did their shopping excursion to Buffalo a few weeks ago.


Can't say I'm looking forward to the management part of that kind of snow but at least we'll be able to ski!
Good thing it's not quite that bad in Ontario. The Dennisons are in the cold as their furnace broke down yesterday. The fellow should be round today to fix it but in the meantime, it's likely mighty chilli. Good thing they have two gas burning fireplaces. That will help a lot, I'm sure. Their weather yesterday was very cold and windy and it appears there's snow on the ground. Not a great time for the furnace to give up.

Other than our peculiar weather, not a lot is going on at the moment. We had our second last community school class last night. One more week before our pot luck and our crafted items go on display.  I'd really better get my butt in gear and get my rug finished before then. Last night they took information on what was needed for the pot luck. I waited till the other three girls in my group had made their choices on the sign up sheet so I wouldn't have to decide. Our little group is required to bring two casseroles, 1 salad and 1 dessert. By the time the list got to me the only thing left was 1 dessert so I'll have to decided what to bring. The cake I made last weekend for our get together was a huge success so I might make one of those. If you slice it thinly you can easily get 16 small pieces from it or 12 better pieces.  I'll have to think about that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment