Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday, November 24th - it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Conditions at 5:30 am:  a calm 1', that will see sunshine this morning, possibly turning to rain this afternoon. The crazy thing is the temperature, that will rise to 8'  this afternoon, then 11' this evening and to 13' overnight


It's starting to look a lot like Christmas around here. It all started with Friday night. In the afternoon I was looking forward to just going home and vegging for the night. Lloyd  hadn't had a lot of sleep in the morning so he was headed off to bed by 6:30.   Once he was gone to bed, I decided I might as well attend the Christmas centre piece event at the East River Fire Department. It's a fund raiser and I decided at the last second to attend. I almost backed out as I went out to get in the car. It was snowing quite hard and I thought, what on earth am I doing. I headed down the very snow covered road and it wasn't stopping. But by the time I got to the corner, it was eased off quite a bit, so I suppose it was just an isolated flurry.  There was a good turn out at the fire hall and a good time was had by all. Fortunately there are people there with great ideas and a keen eye for design so they were most invaluable. Because it was last minute I was at a loss as to what kind of container to bring. A quick scan of the top of the kitchen cupboards revealed an old copper tea pot and lid. It worked perfectly. 

Saturday was a pretty quiet day. It was cold and windy outside so I managed to keep myself occupied inside where it was nice and toasty warm.  Laundry and sorting out some of the Christmas stuff managed to fill the day. Lloyd was out in the garage for part of the day and then a nap in the afternoon.  He did manage to get the snow tires put on both vehicles.  It was something to see, the vehicles actually inside the garage. It's great that there's a place to do these jobs inside now.

Sunday was a little nicer although I wasn't so sure at first.  The snow plow went down the road twice before 6:00 am so I wasn't sure what I was going to wake up to. The ground was covered in snow but it wasn't really too bad, just a couple of cms.  The sun was shining and it turned out to be a pretty nice day. I spent the morning baking cookies and putting them in the freezer before anyone else got into them prematurely!  The afternoon was spent putting the decorations on the tree and a few things here and there. Now I have lots of tidying up and putting away to do but that will get done. I also did a fair bit of work on my braided rug project. I only have one  more class so decided I'd better get at it. It's coming along nicely though still a fair bit to do. But now it looks like it's manageable and I might actually get it finished in time for our pot luck, when our projects go on display, next week. I do work best under pressure!



No comments:

Post a Comment