Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wednesday, November 26th - what a difference a day can make!

Conditions at 5:15 am: 6', overcast with a light wind
Expected later: temperatures staying the same with a mix of sun and cloud in the morning, but look out!

What a strange 48 hours coming our way. The temperature yesterday was a very balmy 15' in the sunshine. It was glorious. I saw several bikes out on the highway and Brenda even saw a convertible go past her house with the top down! Awesome weather for the 26th of November, now officially less than one month to Christmas. But watch out. We're expecting anywhere from 15 to 25 cms of snow to fall in the next 36 hours or so. It's all okay though. We have a shed full of wood, a new snowblower and the snow tires are on the vehicles - BRING IT ON!

We know it's not going to hang around too long as we are expecting warmer temperatures in the next few days so we'll see what happens. Still nothing compared to what Buffalo experienced last week, so we should count ourselves in luck. Can't say I've seen a snow day in November since I've been here, but there's always a first time, and I'm sure it's happened in the past.

Other than the weather, not a lot going on. The Christmas lights are on the outside of the house, and there's even a small tree in front of the front door. Old Scrooge McDenny put them all up on Monday when I was at work. Then he asked if we had any of those electric candles to put in the upstairs windows. Okay, who is this person and what have they done with Lloyd??? Old Mr. Bah Humbug himself.  Seems he's mellowing slightly in his old age, or perhaps it's just that after 25 years, he's finally learned that he might as well join it, he can't fight it! When he was in Newfoundland his sisters told him to expect all the decorations to be up when he got back. They all seem to know me a little too well!

Always the good sport!
I picked up some embellishments yesterday for our Christmas cards and that will be next on my list of things to work on. I like doing those in the craft room because I can spread everything out all over the place and just work on it a little at a time. I have the photos printed but couldn't decide what I wanted to do with them but I finally figured that out yesterday. That's half the battle, coming up with a design. Of course the internet helps tremendously with that. Being as it's now officially less than one month away, I'd better get busy.

The two older kids had a busy weekend. They were skating in Oshawa and James took away another silver medal. Meg  also skated well but came away empty handed. No worries, the season is just getting underway, and we all know how tenacious that little girl can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment