Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday, November 12th - later today will be welcome home, Lloyd

Conditions at 5:30 am: 5' and with some fog patches. It was supposed to go down below 0' but that didn't  happened.
Expected later: 10' and showers

It's been pretty quiet out here on the hill. Monday was crazy busy, again, at work  but we got through, despite being several staff short. Some had thought ahead and taken Monday as a vacation day as we also had Tuesday off. I didn't as I had no real reason to take the day off.

I had thought Lloyd was coming home on Thursday, but he called me on Monday morning to advise he was actually coming home on Wednesday afternoon.  Ooops - good thing I mentioned it in the blog, or I would have left town on Wednesday without giving it a thought that he would need picking up.

Tuesday was a pretty quiet day, and I have to say I took advantage of it. Not necessarily the best advantage, as I did finish a book I was reading and also watched a couple of episodes of a series on Netflix. I did get some constructive things done as well, but not nearly as much as I should have. I did do some cleaning, and some arranging out in the craft room, I baked a batch of Christmas Cookies and put them in the freezer, and that's about it. 

Patti called me early in the evening. She had sent me some photos via email and she thought she should check up on me as she didn't get any response. She'd forgotten that we have the day off so I wasn't sitting in front of a computer all day. We chatted for a bit about things going on at her house, with lots of drama the past few days - shopping in  Buffalo, lost dog, lost passport...

She was on her way to a Speed Skating meeting and James was going to practice. He usually doesn't go on Tuesday because of Cadets but he's had lots of cadet activity in the previous 24 hours so there was no Cadets on Tuesday night.. The cadets are involved in the Remembrance Day ceremonies in Guelph starting the night before.

The cadets do a 12 hour vigil from 7 pm Nov 10th to 7 am Nov 11th at the cenotaph in Guelph. They do an hour each but James was an alternate and ended up doing two shifts -  from 1-2 am and 4-5 am. She didn't get a photo of him at the cenotaph but these are the cadets that were doing the last shift this morning when she got there to pick him up.


Guess which ones is James? Much easier than "Where's Waldo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment