Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday, November 10th - ooops - I really need to learn how to read a calander.

Conditions at 5:30 am: 2' that feels more like -1' - especially with the heavy frost on the vehicles this morning. But the moon and stars are brilliant this morning
Expected later: 8' and sunny - not a bad day at all

Well, apparently I was a little premature with my anniversary wishes on Friday and totally messed with the heads of those involved. Our friends anniversary isn't until THIS Thursday, not last Thursday. So while I thought I was sending late wishes, I was a week early. I had poor Brenda second guessing herself about the date. She was pretty sure it wasn't till this week but then she had to really think about it. Sorry about that guys, and all the best this week!

What a crazy few days of weather we had. Lloyd left on Friday morning, and was fortunate to make all his planned flights. You just never know when you fly standby. But all went well and he arrived on time.  By the time I got home on Friday evening, it was raining a little but extremely windy. We had winds in the 80 km range and it was a challenge.  All night long you could hear the wind howling and things banging around outside. We lost several large chunks of branches off the trees in the front yard, but that's typical when we get those high winds. 

It continued into Saturday morning. I was up early and headed into town to drop off some recycling and get to Canadian Tire when they opened. I picked up Lloyd's new toys. All he needs now is some snow. He also had a rain check for a new bench sander and they also had that in stock so now he has two new things to play with when he gets home.We're very fortunate to have a neighbour who comes by with his big tractor and snowblower but that doesn't help with the snow around the house, and now that we have the garage, we need to keep the snow clear between there and the wood shed. This will make his life a whole lot easier. If we have any winter guests who insist on sleeping in the bunky, they won't have to crawl on their hands and knees on top of the deep snow banks to get to their bed this year!

The winds continued throughout the day and only subsided by late evening. There was a function at the Rec Centre on Saturday evening and it was much calmer when we left there around 9:30.  It had been very cold on Saturday but Sunday was promising to be much improved. And it was. I was outside in the morning and it was pleasant to be out there with much milder temperatures and the wind finally gone. I filled up my wood supply for the week and brought some things out to the craft room.   I even managed to bake some fruit cake while I puttered about. Now I can say I've at least started some Christmas baking!

Brenda and I had made plans to go into town to the Craft Fair at the Confed Centre on Sunday afternoon. She picked me up after lunch and we headed into town, stopping first to pick up my car. Then we made our way downtown to the  craft show. All that shopping worked up an appetite so our next stop was  the Old Triangle for  some nachos and a beer. This left us with just enough time to head over to the liquor store to bottle some wine, as we were both running low. With our cases of wine in tow, we parted company and headed home. Now all the vehicles are in the right places and all is good.

It's going to be a strange week, with a day off on Tuesday. But we'll work with it. Lloyd will be home sometime Thursday afternoon, if all goes well. I have a few more little jobs I hope to get done while he's away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment