Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wednesday, November 4th - Yes, people, winter is really going to come again this year!

Conditions at 6:35 am: 6' and overcast
Expected later:  mainly cloudy and 13' with a slight chance of showers

Well, what a day we had on Monday. There was some snow in New Brunswick over the weekend, which spurred a lot of islanders into action.  Our phone started ringing at 7:30 and litterally rang non-stop all day long. It was insane. I really didn't get any other work done throughout the course of the day. It was a huge wake up I suppose for some folks to discover that there was snow in the region. Everyone wanted to get their winter tires put on right away.  I didn't tell them that the temperature is supposed to go back up to 13' or better later in the week.. It was an exhausting day by the time it was over. I suppose I can only look at the bright side of things and view it as job security! 
Tuesday was much better, but the sun came out and it didn't seem quite so bleak, although the clouds were in and out all day. The panic had subsided somewhat.   Oh well, we need those crazy days every now and again to really make us appreciate the slow ones.

One of the business managers came to me yesterday and advised that today was take your kid to school day. So his 14 year old daughter is coming in today and he wondered if I had any filing she might be able to do. Do I have filing!  But I feel bad making the poor girl tackle that huge job for the day.  That seems more like some kind of punishment. Of course most of the files are her dad's, but I'm sure we'll be able to find some other jobs for her to do besides that miserable task - tempting as it is to have someone do all of it for me.  But that's just not right. 

Not a lot going on this week.  Lloyd is trying to get as much done as he can before he leaves for Newfoundland on Friday morning.  We've planned a little get together in the garage shortly after he gets back. I thought he was back sooner than he actually will be, so it will be quite tight, as there won't be a lot of time when he returns.  We've invited all those folks who had a hand in the planning and/or construction of the garage.  Just a little "Thanks for your help".  We know one fellow will be away, but I think most everyone else should be around.   Hopefully we don't have a snow storm that day.  It could happen. It's going to be on the 16th of November - Patti's birthday. I'd invite her  to join us but she's off to London England that weekend.  Poor baby!

Hard to believe it's finally come from this:


To this:


There's still work to be done but it will eventually get done. At least now we both have a great space to work in. Not bad for a bunch of amateurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment