Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday, July 20th - better late than never

I dropped everyone off at the airport this morning and then headed to my favorite coffee shop. For whatever reason, I wasn't able to access the internet as usual. Same story when I got to work,. So I wrote up my daily post and saved it as a word document. Finally, it's 10:00 on Friday night and I'm now just getting to loading today's entry.


Here's what I wrote at 6:00 this morning at the coffee shop:


For some unknown reason I wasn’t able to access the internet at Timothy’s this morning, hence the delay in today’s post. It’s a bright morning now with the odd sprinkle of rain. Some if us were up at 4:30 to catch the early morning flight to Toronto. We made it just in the nick of time as they were ‘paging passenger Dennison’ just as we got there. Talk about down to the wire. But they got seats and are on their way.

The airport has undergone some major changes and now you can see into the gate area where people are seated. Tristen took great pleasure in waving non stop to Grandma through the glass till time to board the plane. Good thing too, because just before they got on board, I realized I hadn’t given Patti back Tristen’s health card, so I was able to hold it up for her to see and come back through and retrieve it. She didn’t actually have to come back all the say, one of the ladies who checked luggage let me into the secure area far enough to give it to her to pass on to Patti waiting at the door. Can’t see that happening in Toronto! Of course it couldn’t just by virtue of the size and distances involved.

We had a great day yesterday. Patti texted me that she was on an early flight and would be arriving at 12:10. She texted again  at 12:05 to day she was outside waiting at the terminal. So I took an early lunch and picked her up. I had a couple of things to pick up at the grocery store so we did that together. Then she dropped me off and went and picked Lloyd up for his lunch break.  After dropping him back at work she had a bit of time to herself before she picked Tristen  up at UPEI. They then went to MacDonald’s that has the playland so he could check that out before coming back and picking everyone up after work.

A quick trip home to change into jeans, and let the dog out, and it was off to supper at the Van Gaals.  They had made moose burgers the night before and had made too many so we were more than happy to come over and help out with the left overs. Tristen had a great time with Ethan and “Ethan’s brother” (he can never remember Will’s name so just calls him Ethan’s brother). He begged to be tied up to a chair like they did to him last summer as a joke when they were looking after him one day. This time it was duct tape.  Very effective method of control, just wish I’d thought of it! Ha ha 

We had a lovely dinner and I was absolutely stuffed by the time I got home. We had planned to have a bonfire last night but it started raining while we were there and kept up till after we left so that was out of the question. But by the time we got Tristen’s things all gathered together and made the plane reservations for this morning, it was time for bed anyway.

On our way to the airport he was lamenting the fact that he had to go home but promised he will come for two weeks next year. I’m sure his big brother won’t mind, who went out for supper with his mom and dad on Wednesday night and when the server asked if they were celebrating anything special, he announced that he was celebrating his last night as an only child!

When they get to Toronto, they will be heading to Muskoka this afternoon to pick Meghan up at camp and from there to a baseball tournament in Barrie for the weekend. It will be a pretty busy weekend for all of them.

It’s going to be pretty quiet at our house tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment