Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday, July 5th - the humidity remains

It's overcast this morning and we should be receiving a lot of rain later - good thing because we really need it. It's 17' at 5:30 this morning and going up to 23' later but the humidity will make it feel like 30'. But I suppose we really can't complain.  I saw that Toronto reached 36' yesterday and with the humidity it felt like 44'. Now that's hot. There's no breeze here right now but I'm certain there will be later.

This weekend is the Village Feast in Souris. I'm helping with food prep on Saturday afternoon and then with serving on Sunday. Lloyd is likely working on Saturday but he is available on Sunday so Rika tells me she's putting him at the bar with the other bikers. He'll really enjoy that, I'm sure. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. One year they held it inside the arena but it's just not the same as outside.

Brenda came over for a visit last night before she heads out to Vancouver this afternoon. She and Meghan will have a great time.  They'll keep me updated on what 's going on.  She's meeting up with Meghan in Toronto and they are going from there together.




The Dennison family has been busy. I received this photo of James from his dad. It would appear James went fishing, although I don't know where but I'm thinking Port Elgin. He did manage to catch a fish, after 5 hours. That's quite the catch, James!  Hopefully he'll be luckier the next time he comes to PEI, now that Papa knows where to take him.








Meghan has also been busy. It looks like some strawberry picking may have been on the schedule and she's made her first batch of jam, with a little help, I'm sure. Well done, Meg!
The sign she's holding reads:

"Fresh Strawberry Jam made by Meghan"

Yum - can't wait to try it!





And lastly, I received this one from Brenda.  It was taken out at the East Point Lighthouse on Father's Day. We took a ride out there on our bikes. I'm sure Bernie is pleased not to have to be looking after two women all the time now. You did a great job Bernie. Thanks so much for always being there whenever I needed help with something and I know Lloyd really appreciated knowing I was never stuck in a jam.


2 comments: