Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday, July 11th and no water this morning

It's a pleasant 14' this morning before it warms up to 25' later today. It's gotten really dry around here, as we really haven't had any rain for quite some time. Now this morning when Lloyd went to take a shower, we have no water. I'm sure the two things are in no way connected. I suspect it has more to do with the plumbing problem we had earlier last week.  All I can say is thank goodness Lloyd's here.   I'd really hate to be calling Raymond at 5:30 in the morning! But I'm sure Lloyd will be able to figure out what the problem is. Of course, Raymond is away with Bernie so that wouldn't do any good anyway.

I did some work on the top layer of the cake last night. I decided to use styrofoam for the top because it's the most fiddley and I can do it well in advance. It's quite small anyway so we're not really sacrificing much cake.

I didn't get any calls from Brenda needing a ride home from the airport last night at midnight so I'm assuming she got home okay. She sent me a text yesterday to tell me about a hot dog she had in Vancouver - just to make me jealous. I checked out the website and it looks pretty amazing. Check it out at http://dougiedog.com/ 
Can't wait to hear all about it.

I talked to Patti last night and she and the boys are arriving on Friday on the same flight (the midnight one) but I'll still be up doing cake stuff, I suspect.  We're not sure yet how Saturday is going to play out, just depending if Lloyd had to work or not. But we'll see. We'll just take it as it comes and work around it.

Okay. I slept in a little this morning so time to go. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment