Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday, July 25 - Only five months till Christmas Day - does anyone care?

It's an overcast 19' this morning and we may see some more rain this morning but it should clear up this afternoon and reach a high of 20'

I'm taking Thursday off to clean my house and prepare for some dinner guests. Some folks from Guelph are vacationing on the island and he just happens to be our financial advisor who has some papers he needs signed. Seems a little extreme to drive all the way to the island, dragging the entire family with you, then renting a cottage on the beach for a whole week just to obtain a couple of signatures. Boy, we must be really special!

Since Lloyd arrived I really haven't had any free time to get any work done around the house and you can tell.  So I'm taking a cleaning day from work. It should be warm and sunny tomorrow so I'm hoping we can eat outside, but I want to move a couple of things around first.

Yesterday Brenda texted me to let me know about the Paderno sale at the arena. I'd already seen the flyer. I stopped in at lunch and picked up a couple of things. One of them was an ice cream maker, that I've been looking at recently. I'm planning to make homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries for dessert tomorrow night. I'll go up and pick some berries early in the morning. The rest of the meal will be fairly simple - a chicken roasted on the BBQ, a salad, some veggies (probably purchased at a road side market on my way home) and a new recipe for potato salad that I'm itching to try. 

Other than that, not much is going on. I haven't talked to Brenda but I'm assuming that progress is being made on the bathroom renovation. 

Last night when I picked up the mail, there was a letter from Meghan that she wrote from camp. It sounds like she had a great time.










I know Patti was a little concerned that she might get home sick part way through the week and it's a long ways from home, but apparently her worries were needless. Meghan did just fine her first time away from home (except for visiting Grandma, but that doesn't really count).


4 comments:

  1. I was looking back on my older posts and noticed you left a comment on my blog last year. reading through your blog I noticed the names Bernie and Brenda mentioned.,,,, would their last name happen to be Van Gaal?
    By the way, you are a great blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that kind remark. I feel most of what I write would be pretty boring to most but it's a way to keep my family in touch with what's going on here on PEI. You are right - it is Bernie and Brenda Van Gaal. Are you related to them? I don't remember who's blog I put the comment on but I suspect it was regarding photos. Would you be one of Bernie's sisters? If so, which one? I've met a couple of them but not all.

      Delete
  2. Good Day Sandy! It was not a problem coming out to get those signatures. The family came along very willingly and had a great time. We especially enjoyed the time with you and Lloyd. Thanks for the great hospitality. The kids favourite was working on the loom. All the way home and then some, they kept asking if we would buy them one. The whole week or so we had on this road trip was very enjoyable, so much so that we will do it again and may even make it a regular occurance.

    Talk to you later.

    Tony/Catherine and Family

    PS. Can I still use the Blackerry to text you Or has Lloyd corrupted all the way to Apple?

    ReplyDelete