Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday, March 18th - winter's back!!!

It's a VERY chilly -13' this morning, feeling more like -24! It will warm all the way up to a balmy -9 later and only feel like -13. We received a bit of snow last night but until the sun comes up it's hard to tell how much. The wind is howling outside, as it's been all night.  Guess springs not quite ready to make it's final appearance just yet.

Friday after work I picked Brenda up from her bus and we had supper at the Dublin. It's been a while since we did that and we really enjoyed it. We had thought about going to a movie I thought I would like to see but the reviews on it weren't great and it was getting a bit snowy so we thought it best to call it an early evening.

Saturday morning I worked and then stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. Brenda and Bernie were coming over for supper. Lloyd made some ribs and I made a cauliflower salad and a flourless chocolate cake for dessert. I also got to try out my new French Bean Cutter on some green beans. Gotta try the new toys, don't ya know!  We had a lovely evening, before Brenda headed out for Nova Scotia on Sunday morning. Hopefully she didn't run into the snow we got later in the day.

Sunday was pretty much taken over with getting my loom set up for today's class. The ladies should be here around 9:30.  Sheila is bringing over muffins for us to have with our coffee and I'm making a simple Asian inspired soup for lunch. Hopefully there's not too much snow out there to have any affect. If I recall, the last time we got together to weave, we also had snow overnight. Seems to be a pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment