Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday, March 26th - and it's still wintery out there


Last night I was coming home from town around 6:30 and it was really snowing. The roads were deteriorating more and more the closer I got to my destination. It wasn't that slippery but the snow was building up and the slush was taking over.

This morning we've woken up to just a bit more new snow. It's currently -1' at 5:30 am and we should go all the way up to +1' later with a chance of a rain/snow mix and lots of clouds. The good news is the rest of the week and into the weekend are looking not too bad. It's not going to be really warm but  not rainy either  (I hope). At least if it's dry we can do some outside stuff - although not picking up the branches as I'd hoped. - and certainly not using the lawn tractor as planned.  Perhaps if James comes down later in the Spring to go fishing, we can work on that together. He can drive and I can pick up behind the tractor. I'm sure he'd like that.

Lloyd had his PEI Beekeepers meeting to attend in town last night so I had the evening to myself, after meeting him in town for a burger first. I took advantage of the opportunity to sort out where everyone will sleep when they come to visit. I think I've got it all worked out.

Then I put the leaf in the table so I could try out the new table runners I wove last week. They are far from perfect but I'm still pleased with the result. Considering it wasn't the greatest of yarn and I did make a few weaving errors, they turned out not too badly (although a real weaver might not agree!)


I'd seem this idea in a magazine quite some time ago and I really liked it. The angle doesn't give you the full idea but he runners are meant to form placemats at each setting.  Of course this configuration won't work when there are seven of us at the table but at least I know it will work. They could have been a little longer but I didn't allow enough length for shrinkage I suppose. Like I always say, nothing like doing it wrong to learn how to do it right! The next ones will be better.

It's been a very busy few days at work so I'm really looking forward to a few days away from it. It will be busy but a better kind of busy! I'm hoping we can get our walk in the wood this time. I think the kids will really enjoy it. They'll have to use their tracking skills to find the trail markers on the trees.




No comments:

Post a Comment