Thursday, June 17, 2010

7.2 km



Conditions at 7:00 am: 14 *, cloudy with sprinkles of rain
Expected high: 18*

7.2 km - that's the distance around the block from my house. It's not quite as far as the walk from Brenda's to my house but it's close. Having said that, I can't believe she did that walk in the cold rain and up that awful big hill, as well. I've got my work cut out for me to catch up to her. I was surprised, however, to find that the trip to Joey's road corner and back in the morning is a total of 1.4 km. I really didn't think it was that far.

When we got back from our trek last night we had cheese quesadilas and strawberries and whipped cream, washed down with a cold glass of a lovely German Reisling. Not a bad way to end the day.


I have to wish a belated Happy Birthday to Meghan (1) - I didn't know you had celebrated a birthday this week till your mom told me last night. It sounds like you had a great time with your friends.

When I was going around the block this morning to measure the distance, I was just turning off Joey's road onto Route 22 when a big truck with wood piled on the back came around the corner and I thought "That must be Benny". So I continued around the block and by the time I got back to the house he was backing up the driveway. So I went in and introduced myself. I've been dealing with him now for 2 seasons buying wood but I'd never met him. It's nice to put a face to the voice. I paid him then left.

So now Lloyd can relax, the wood is here! I did look up the information he needed on the chain saw last night but I forgot to bring it with me so I'll send it tonight.

This morning while I was looking for a picture of a birthday cake, I stumbled upon a blog that has a very similar feel to mine - mostly just family news and "life" stuff. Like mine, nothing of any great literary significance but fun for some. I loved the title of it - Ramblings of a Crazy Woman. Seems appropriate some how and also nice to know there are others out there like me!

Big news on Compass last night about the two girls from PETA who were showering on Queen street yesterday. It appears their message received mixed reviews. First and foremost they were tossing around all kinds of statistics but none were Canadian and they knew even less about PEI. But I'm sure it made for some interesting conversation downtown yesterday.

Personally I was more interested in the whale that washed up on the shore near St. Peter's. It's a Minke whale and they are going to be doing an autopsy on it to see why it dies. There is extensive damage to the tail section that looks like it's been cut, as though it was caught in some kind of restraint. The high winds on Tuesday apparently washed it ashore. If I knew it was still there, I'd take a drive out, but it's a ways to go on a whim.


No comments:

Post a Comment