Thursday, June 3, 2010

A late start to my morning


Well, actually it was an early start. I did signs last night at 9:30 here at the office and then came in at 7:00 to put them around the campus to direct people to our seminar. I had called Conference Services looking for the A-type frames that are usually used for this purpose but they only had 3 (they used to have 16) so they don't lend them out anymore. The problem of signage then becomes my problem. So, being the ever resourceful person that I am, I sourced out the wire frames for holding up the corrugated plastic signs and ordered a bunch of frames and pieces of plastic. I then printed off the information I needed onto legal size paper, and had them laminated (as I knew it was going to rain today) and taped them all together. Fortunately for me it hadn't started raining yet when I was out putting those around.

The seminar was over in one of the other building and my
job was to coordinate the food, the registration table, etc so it's been a busy morning.

This whole week has been crazy busy so I'm really looking forward to the weekend, although I need to do a lot of grass cutting on Saturday. But that's okay, I can put my MP3 player into my ears and rock around the yard. There's a wedding at the Rec Centre on Saturday night so I'll be helping out with that as well.

Sunday is meant to be rainy again so I may just stay in and catch up on some stuff. I want to try Brenda's bread recipe - I haven't done that yet, so a rainy Sunday might just be the perfect time to do that. I may also work on the binding on Meghan's quilt as it's still not finished. Once that one is done, I can start on the next one, but I promised myself I wouldn't touch the new one till the first one was done. I also want to do one for each of the boys but theirs won't be nearly as involved as Meghan's was - that one was a huge amount of work. I don't think the boys will care that theirs wasn't as labour intensive, as long as they get one. They seem to really like something that someone has made for them.

I went with some girls last night to see Sex and the City 2. The reviews were terrible but I liked it. It may have been a bad movie by some counts, but for me it was like catching up with some old friends you haven't seen in a while. They live a lifestyle that none of us will ever know so it's fun to dream about visiting those exotic places with a group of friends, and wearing all the awesome clothes. It's just meant to be fun, so just leave it at that! I now own a copy of the first one and I'll buy a copy of the second one when it comes out. They make for light entertainment on an evening when there's nothing on TV.

Well, it's almost time for the second session of our seminar so I'd better get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment