Friday, June 11, 2010

Technical difficulties



I'm a little late this morning as the internet connection at Timothy's didn't seem to be working this morning. That happens every once in a while, no idea why. But better late than never.
It's another glorious morning here on the island. The temperature is meant to go to 24 degrees this afternoon. Yesterday was beautiful and last night was amazing. I cut the grass around the trees when I got home and then headed out to sit and enjoy the evening for a while when it dawned on me - it was perfectly still. Just the perfect night to burn the small pile of brush I had beside the shed. I needed to clear it away before Benny brings my wood so the timing was great. I was able to burn all of it and enjoy a nice evening sitting by the fire.
While I was out there I spent quite a long time on the phone with Lloyd. We discussed work opportunities and retirement plans and the bottom line is he is going to have to stay put for a year and a half, until he turns 60, but that will go by quickly. I can't believe how fast the past year has gone. I suggested to him I'd like a small deck on the front of the house but when we calculated how much it was going to cost, I think we decided against it for this year. But in reality, I would really rather he worked on moving the bunky while he's here. I know that will be a big project and if he can get that done along with cutting up the wood, that would be great. I'm going to need the extra sleeping space in July and I now know exactly where I'd like to put it.

After I got off the phone with him, Patti called. She had been trying to call for a very long time so she thought the phone was off the hook. She told me she mentioned very casually to James that Paul McCartney was coming to Toronto and his response was "I really wish I could go". When she asked him why he wanted to go he replied "I'd love to see Grandma at a Paul McCartney concert". Nice one James.

This weekend will be busy. I just got an email about the Lady Slipper Walk. It's taking place from Mount Stewart tomorrow at 4:00. Then in the evening we are going to the Mount Stewart Rec. Centre for the Festival of Small Halls (check out the website at http://www.smallhalls.com/ It promises to be a very entertaining night.
With any luck at all, we'll be able to get some kayaking in on Sunday.

Anyway, I'm late getting to it this morning, so I'd best get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment