Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Monday again



Current conditions: 11* and overcast
Expected later: 17* and 20 mm of rain

It was a beautiful morning at 5:00 am with lovely clear skies but by 6:30 it had deteriorated rapidly. On the radio, the DJ suggested that if you have anything to do outside today to get it done in the morning, but I'm not so sure that's going to last. I just hope it stays dry until at least 9:30 when I have to go out to get the mail and then I have a doctor's appointment at 10:30 so it would be nice to not be in the rain for that as well.

Lloyd made good progress on the wood yesterday. So far about 1/3 of it is cut up and that was really only in about 3 hours. Another two good sessions should finish it. Then we can at least begin to split and stack it. He has to talk to Bernie about the possibility of moving the bunky. If it rains all afternoon, it might be a good time for them to get together, depending on what Bernie's schedule is like.

Yesterday afternoon we went into town to the Old Triangle and listened to some fiddle music then off to Victoria Row for DiverCity, the multicultural festival. It was quite crowded with people but we managed to find some things to eat. We got to try Welsh Cakes, which I'd never had before. Oh my goodness, they were delicious. Fortunately they also had print outs with the recipe on them, so I plan to make some really soon. They look like a pancake and are fried on a griddle but they are made into a batter and cut out with cookie cutters.


On our way back home I mentioned about the cottage at the bottom of Patti Lane and Lloyd said he hadn't seen it. We were over there at Christmas but we didn't go down the hill, so he had no idea it was there. So we toured down the hill, then stopped at Richard and Daralen's on our way back. They had been at Campbell Cove all weekend and had only been back a couple of hours. We had a glass of wine and a nice visit with them.

By the time we got home it was around 8:30. I had cut most of the grass in the back field in the morning but still had some to cut between the trees, so I went out there for a little while but it was starting to get dark and I couldn't tell where the trees were, so it was time to quit. The grass (make that weeds!) had gotten very long over the past couple of weeks and some of the trees were hard to spot so I had to be ever so careful in spotting them in the weeds as I mowed. Now that my lawn mower is fixed, I have to keep on top of that back field or it will get way ahead of me much to easily.

Patti called and left a message - the flight to Paris was packed and some of the stand by's didn't get on the flight so we made a good call in deciding not to go this weekend. Everything happens for a reason!


No comments:

Post a Comment