Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Let's hope it works today!

Yesterday morning I typed up my whole 'thing' and when I published it, the result was one long continuous sentence that didn't wrap around the text box like it should. Therefore when I published it, you saw only the first few words and the rest were off the screeen. It seems to be working okay this morning. I was afraid it might have been something I did by mistake and couldn't fix but I called my 'guru' and he suggested it might be a problem with the site, so we'll see how it goes this morinng.

The sun is shining brightly this morning although it's still a bit cool. More of the same tomorrow but a little warmer. At this point they are promising warm and sunny for Sunday but it's way too early to get our hopes up for that.
Yesterday I was commenting on the signs of spring/summer that are here, so where is the warm weather? We have the flowers in bloom (I have a large bouquet of lilacs on my kitchen table), the leaves are out on the trees, I've seen a couple of herons, and the most unmistakable sign of summer has arrived - mosquitoes!

Now for the really exciting news (okay, only for me). A few days ago, it was announced that Sir Paul will be doing a concert in Toronto and one in Montreal in August. Trouble is these things sell out in minutes, and they pre-sell American Express cardholders. So by the time they go on sale for the rest of the world, they're gone literally in minutes. I found out they were going on sale yesterday morning at 10:00 am Ontario time so I got on the phone to Patti early in the morning, to call me back right away. But I just kept getting voice mail, so I thought she might be working. Then I called Jana, because I thought she might be interested in going. She also wasn't at her desk. Of course it was only 7:30 her time, but it wouldn't have been unusual for her to be there that early - more the norm really. But no luck, so I tried her cell, and alas, still no luck. So I left her a message that she needed to call me right away. Finally at 11:30 Ontario time I got her call. So quickly onto the Ticketmaster site and just 1 1/2 hours in, we were not able to get any good seats together - we had put in for 4. So we divided and conquered. By requesting only 2 seats we were able to at least get seats at the floor level. So we got 2 sets of 2 tickets. I emailed her to thank her and to let her know that I will put a cheque in the mail today for my two, and she emailed back that she had gone in and purchased another 2! What have I created??? Now we just have to find someone else who wants to go. I know Lloyd is willing to go and I have one more person who might want to go but I'll see if Jana has anyone else in mind first.
So, I'M GOING TO SEE PAUL McCARTNEY!!!!!

1 comment: