Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It feels like a giant weight has been lifted



Current conditions at 7:00 am: foggy, 12*
Expected high: this afternoon is supposed to be sunny and 22*

Finally some welcome relief from knee pain. I feel like such a whiner, and I suppose I have been. But this morning I just have some stiffness, not the sharp pain with every step I've been experiencing the past few days.

Yesterday after work, I went over to the walk in clinic and was given a prescription for some anti-inflammatory drugs. Those and an ice pack on it all evening seem to have worked wonders! What a great way to start my day!

I actually did some tidying up this morning, stuff I should have done on the weekend.

I just opened an email from Lloyd and there are pictures from, I assume, an airshow that was in Waterloo on the weekend. It looks like James was able to go with him. What a nice treat for both of them and from the pictures I think James had a great time.
I'd heard about the air show on a Toronto radio station I was listening to online last week. I called Lloyd to see if he was going, and he knew about it, but wasn't sure if he was going or not. He didn't think anyone else at the airport was very keen on going, but it looks like he found someone who was!

This afternoon I'm helping put together name tags for the Lucy Maud Montgomery Conference that's being held at the University this week. Tomorrow night I'm helping at the information table from 6:00 to 8:00 pm and them on Thursday I'm going to be a Session Assistant. My job there will simply be to solve any problems that arise, or at least find someone who can. It will be interesting to hear what these brilliant minds have pulled from the stories.

One of the speakers is a woman I know of, but have never met. Her husband is a shareholder at my old company and he and I have had many chats about PEI. His family was from here originally. His wife is retired but she was a professor at the University of Guelph. She has written several books about Anne and Lucy Maud, and she wrote a new one a couple of years ago that her husband had told me she was working on. I asked him to let me know when it was released so I could purchase a copy. The next time he came to a meeting, he brought a copy for me with a very nice note inside from his wife. So I'm really looking forward to finally meeting her this week.

Well, I'm keeping it short this morning. I have to go and get some blood work done so nothing to eat or drink except water after midnight. Needless to say, I skipped my coffee this morning, so I'm writing this from home. I'm leaving later and it will take longer, as I usually end up behind one of those pesky school buses!



No comments:

Post a Comment