Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Change in plans



Current conditions at 7:00 am: Overcast, 15*
Expected later: Partly cloudy, high 23*

I talked to Patti last night and it looks like we're not going to Paris this weekend. The flight is pretty much full, and while there is always a chance that we might get on, it's not the same when you don't live in southern Ontario. In the old days (pre-PEI) if you didn't get on the flight, you just went back home. But now I would be stuck there till the next day, and I'd have to get James home. I know James is a little disappointed but I told Patti to tell him I'm not going without him. So we are going to try again in July.
At least then, Lloyd will be in Guelph, so if James and I don't get on the flight, I can just drive Patti's van back to Guelph, drop off James, and I can spend the weekend with Lloyd, then simply drive the van back to the airport on Sunday so Patti can go home, and so can I. Either way, I get to spend my birthday in Paris, or with Lloyd in Guelph. Talk about a win/win situation!

I called Lloyd last night and told him I would be here for the weekend and he was actually pretty pleased about that. So like I always say, everything happens for a reason. So as a result of my being at home, Brenda is ordering lobsters for our feast on Saturday night. I'm doing dessert and she's doing the potato salad and rolls. Yum !!!

Yesterday afternoon I helped put together the name tags for the Lucy Maud Montgomery Conference. This evening I'm helping at the registration table from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. I'm leaving work at 4:00, going home to change and then back in town by 6:00. It should be really interesting (or incredibly boring, who knows!) As Brenda said last night, it's good to be involved so they all know who I am. I haven't heard anything yet about the position I applied for in Student Services so I'm going to call HR this morning and just inquire where it stands, or even if they still plan to fill the position.

In the meantime. I'd best be off to work. Have a great day everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment