Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Everythings where it should be.





Conditions at 7:00 am: 16* and overcast
Later: 22* and a mix of sun and cloud

What a treat to get home last night and both the Bunky and the tree house have been moved. I hadn't heard anything at all and about 3:00 I called Brenda to see what was going on. She reported that she had gone by my place when she went to pick up the lobsters and both buildings were there and both guys were gone.

When I got home I asked how they moved the bunky, and Lloyd replied that they called CAA. WHAT???? Apparently the have the capabilities of moving large vehicles that are not drivable so it only makes sense. Apparently it went much smoother than either of them imagined. The tree house was able to be lifted by the tractor so Bernie drove it down the road, with it totally blocking his view. I wish I had photos but neither of them thought to do that.

But it's nice to have that job done. The other good news is the wood is all cut up. When I got home from work last night I unloaded some stuff from the car first, then went out to talk to Lloyd and he was just cutting the very last piece. What a great feeling for him to have that job done.

The day just got better with a delicious lobster supper at the VanGaal's. Potato salad, fresh baked rolls, beet salad and lobster, followed by strawberry cake. What a wonderful feast! And to add to the joy is a bucket of frozen lobster is now in my freezer for future enjoyment and lobster sandwiches for supper tonight.

Today Lloyd's going to town to get plates and insurance for the Neon, so he can drive it back home. He's hoping he might have a better chance of selling it there than here. He can also take a couple of things home with him that need to get back to Ontario.

I've been a little frustrated with the job search lately. I applied for an admin position downtown but I never heard anything. So yesterday I emailed the woman who the resumes were to go to and asked for some feedback. I questioned if there was something I could improve in my cover letter, my resume or my qualifications that might make the next attempt successful. She was very nice to reply quite soon after. She indicated that she received 160 applications for the position and mine was not considered as I don't have any formal training in office administration. I know when you receive that many responses to a want ad you have to have some basic screening criteria so that makes sense. In the meantime it doesn't really help me. So I will have to focus my search in other areas.

Rumour has it Lloyd is going to meet me for lunch today. I only get half an hour so I think it will be the cafeteria at AVC. Actually that's one of the jobs I am going to submit a resume to, although they aren't actively hiring right now, and that's Chartwells. Everyone complains about the food but it's typical cafeteria stuff - prepackaged, mass produced food but it's only for two more years until I can retire. The other option I have is the call centre. I did get a response in the spring from them and the fellow I spoke with left me his name and phone number to call when my contract ran out so I think I'll give him a call the beginning of the week and see where that goes.

In the meantime, it's time to be off to the job I still have.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy!

    Sound like such a great day yesterday, glad you got all those jobs done!

    I'm on my way to PEI, starting tonight and hopefully arriving by tomorrow night! Can't wait to get home.

    See you then,
    Meghan (1)

    ReplyDelete