Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!







Current Conditions at 7:00 - Sunny and beautiful!- 14*
Later: Mix of sun and cloud and a high of 20*

What a glorious day! And a holiday at that.

Every Canada Day I have fond memories of Canada Day Parties at our friends Helen and Peter's house in Fergus, Ontario. Each year Helen would put a huge amount of work into organizing her annual event and people were asked to come to the party 'dressed' as some unusual Canadian. Some folks have very good imaginations and some of the things they did were quite unusual. It couldn't be immediately obvious who you were representing and it often took all day for people to guess who was represented. For instance one year Lloyd went with the name Joe written on his shirt, with a string around his neck holding a little stick of wood. He was.......are you ready for it????? Joey Smallwood. Those are the kind of things people would do and it was great fun to try to figure out who people were. It was usually a pot luck and a great time was always had by all.
Helen and Peter are at the cottage but when they get back to town and read this, THANKS for the memories!

Only two more days before Lloyd leaves to go back to Ontario. It's been a busy and productive week but still more to do. Fortunately the weather has mostly cooperated. Today our big task it to get the invisible fencing installed and the the storage shelter put up. That's probably a two person job so it's likely better if we get it done today while I'm here to help.

He was originally planning to leave on Sunday morning but has now decided to leave on Saturday sometime. I volunteered to work at the Village Feast but since I hadn't heard anything from anyone I assumed they didn't need any more people. But someone called on Tuesday night and left me a message. I called her back last evening and I have to be in Souris by 8:00 am on Saturday morning. No idea what I'll be doing but I'm ready to work. I had told Brenda I'd volunteer at the Rec Centre on Saturday night but I don't think I'll be back in time.

Meghan (1) is arriving today. She left a comment yesterday and she's very excited to be coming home. It's a little ironic that she was here when Meghan (2) was here last time and they're both going to be here at the same time again.

I emailed my friend Suzanne yesterday to let her know that Lloyd is bringing her tent back with him to Ontario. She mentioned that she is going to visit family in Gaspe in August and then pondered a quick trip to the island. When I told her she was more than welcome and the door was always open she immediately jumped on that. So she and Jacob are coming to visit in between my trip to Paris and my trip to Toronto. That will be a busy week.

It was so nice this morning to go outside with the dog and see the Bunky sitting in the sunshine, and the sun streaming through the trees on the treehouse ( I guess it's just a play house until it gets lifted into the trees). The stuff from inside the bunky is still in the back of the truck so I'd best get to cleaning that stuff out today.

Have a great day today, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment