Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome Korea!!!



What a treat this morning to view yesterday mornings post and see a comment from Korea! I'm so glad that Brenda had a good trip and that it didn't seem as long as she feared. It can be a very long time if you run out of things to do (or just get tired of doing the things you have). I know she will have a great time because she's very open minded and curious and won't be one of those tourists who expects a holiday to be like being at home.

I'm really enjoying looking at the list of places people have come in from. I know that most of the probably stumbled upon me by accident but it's neat to see where they're from.

Things are back to normal at my house (whatever THAT is!) . Yesterday they were predicting rain for today so I decided I'd get out and split some wood last night so I worked out there from 5:30 till 8:30. I'm so grateful to Greg and John or getting me started. The two of you are more than welcome to come back anytime! I continued filling up the pile that was there, and as it's against the wall, I decided to build it a little higher. I finished that one and started another. Now I'm on a roll. It turns out today is beautiful again so I will work some more on it tonight. As you can see, I still have a LONG way to go. I have laundry and stuff to get done but I'll save those kinds of things for Thursday and Friday when it's supposed to rain. I'm hoping it will be a nice weekend so I can clear out the shed and organize it and the shelter. It didn't get done when Lloyd was here as he just ran out of time and I haven't taken the time to do it. THIS will be that weekend (unless, of course, something better comes along). But with Brenda away I have no one to play with so it's a good opportunity to get some work done.

I typically take the leaf out of the table when I'm home alone and just have the small round table with four chairs in the kitchen. Well, last night when I was clearing it off, I found a note with some cash tucked inside from Jean. That was totally unnecessary and I will call her today and tell her so! I do hope she will come out again sometime soon, and we can have a different holiday. It's not the same when the kids are all here, as they tend to take up all of your time and attention. And they expect a different kind of holiday - beaches, and fun. I'd like to have Jean come out again and we can do "old lady" stuff - you know, lunch at the PEI Preserve Company, stroll along the boardwalk, tour gardens, etc. - all the stuff that the kids would find terribly boring.

I talked to everyone last night when they were at the airport in Halifax. They all had assigned seats so there was no issues with them getting home. I talked to Meghan and she's quite excited because she has another horse show today. I'm sure I'll hear all about it, now that she knows how to post a comment on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy!

    There are actual veggie plants in the garden, so far so good for my little garden...now to see if veggies will actually grow!haha I'll keep you posted!

    -Meghan (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are getting some exercise. Bernie and I have a friend who uses his wood pile as exercize too. He says it gives him a good overall workout ,the only thing missing is the mirror.

    ReplyDelete